- Cooking Time: 7
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup (Grade B has more flavor than Grade A Dark Amber)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar (You can use the 2 leaf salad type)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon very finely minced shallot
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Orange or Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground Green or Black Peppercorns
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (they are usually about 1 1/2 lbs and contain 2 tenderloins so if you plan on using both, doubel the above recipe)
- Arugala or Mixed Baby greens
- 3 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
- 3 oz Toasted Pine nuts
- Add maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, oil, minced shallot, herbs, spice, zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- You can also just add all the ingredients to a zip lock freezer bag, seal it & shake the heck out of it until mixed.
- Trim the silver skin and visible fat from tenderloin using sharp thin blade (I use a boning knife).
- Slice into 1/3 - 1/2-inch slices. It is very important that all the slices be the same thickness.
- Toss the pork slices in the maple balsamic marinade and let stand for 20 minutes.
- While the pork marinates, preheat your Grill pan on medium high heat.
- You are looking for about 400°.
- When hot, remove pork slices from the marinade and arrange on the grill, turn after 3 1/2 -4 minutes and grill for 3 more minutes.
- If working in batches, make sure to foil tent your cooked slices, as this is best served warm.
- Serve on a bed of Arugala or Mixed Baby greens sprinkled with a small amount of Crumbled Gorgonzola and toasted Pine nuts.
- Drizzle with additional Olive oil and balsamic vinegar if desired
NotesI think I got the idea for this from a George Foreman Grill recipe on the Cuisinart website awhile ago. Note, You can always use 2 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning instead of the Marjoram, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Coriander, Lemon/OrangeZest.
If only 4 oz of tenderloin is served with 1 1/2 cups of Arugala, 2 TB Gorgonzola and 1 TB pine nuts per serving; each serving is only 300 calories
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Refreshing Grapefruit Sangria
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLISee More