- Cooking Time: 7
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup (Grade B has more flavor than Grade A Dark Amber)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar (You can use the 2 leaf salad type)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon very finely minced shallot
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Orange or Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground Green or Black Peppercorns
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (they are usually about 1 1/2 lbs and contain 2 tenderloins so if you plan on using both, doubel the above recipe)
- Arugala or Mixed Baby greens
- 3 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
- 3 oz Toasted Pine nuts
- Add maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, oil, minced shallot, herbs, spice, zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- You can also just add all the ingredients to a zip lock freezer bag, seal it & shake the heck out of it until mixed.
- Trim the silver skin and visible fat from tenderloin using sharp thin blade (I use a boning knife).
- Slice into 1/3 - 1/2-inch slices. It is very important that all the slices be the same thickness.
- Toss the pork slices in the maple balsamic marinade and let stand for 20 minutes.
- While the pork marinates, preheat your Grill pan on medium high heat.
- You are looking for about 400°.
- When hot, remove pork slices from the marinade and arrange on the grill, turn after 3 1/2 -4 minutes and grill for 3 more minutes.
- If working in batches, make sure to foil tent your cooked slices, as this is best served warm.
- Serve on a bed of Arugala or Mixed Baby greens sprinkled with a small amount of Crumbled Gorgonzola and toasted Pine nuts.
- Drizzle with additional Olive oil and balsamic vinegar if desired
NotesI think I got the idea for this from a George Foreman Grill recipe on the Cuisinart website awhile ago. Note, You can always use 2 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning instead of the Marjoram, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Coriander, Lemon/OrangeZest.
If only 4 oz of tenderloin is served with 1 1/2 cups of Arugala, 2 TB Gorgonzola and 1 TB pine nuts per serving; each serving is only 300 calories
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More