- Cooking Time: 18 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
BackstoryA fave of mine
- 1/2 C. packed light brown sugar
- 2T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 medium firm bananas, cut into thick slices
- vanilla ice cream
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium (300* - 350*F)
- In an 8" sq. foil pan combine sugar, butter, cinnamon, rum extract, nutmeg and 2T. water; stir.
- Place foil pan on grill; heat until butter melts.
- Add bananas; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 min or until sugar mixture begins to bubble and bananas begin to soften.
- Remove from grill; set aside.
- Scoop ice cream into individual parfait glasses or bowls.
- Spoon warm banana mixture over ice cream, and serve.