GRILLED BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CILANTRO, GRILLED PINEAPPLE, AND PROSCIUTTO
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 recipe pizza dough (we use Rachel Ray's recipe, which yields 3 pizzas)
- Olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for garnish
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can pineapple slices, drained (juice reserved)
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat your grill to med-high.
- Put 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, and chicken breasts in a glass bowl to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and cook until juices run clear, approximately 6-7 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Let rest for 10 minutes and then cut into chunks.
- Using a rolling pin or the two-fist method, stretch out your pizza dough to the desired thickness. Brush one side of pizza dough with oil and place oiled-side down over the grill. Cook for about 3 minutes - the dough will begin to bubble on top. Oil the top side of the dough and flip, using tongs. Once the underside has cooked completely (approx 3 minutes), remove from the grill.
- Brush pineapple slices with oil and grill until lightly marked on each side. Remove from the grill and cut into chunks.
- Spread remaining barbecue sauce on pizza crust. Top with half of the cheese, cubed chicken, pineapple chunks, and chopped prosciutto. Top with remaining cheese and place into oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Top with cilantro, drizzle with additional barbecue sauce, and serve.
NotesPizza on the grill is a great way to change up a tired meal for summer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cooking with SabraSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More