GRILLED BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CILANTRO, GRILLED PINEAPPLE, AND PROSCIUTTO
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 recipe pizza dough (we use Rachel Ray's recipe, which yields 3 pizzas)
- Olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for garnish
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can pineapple slices, drained (juice reserved)
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat your grill to med-high.
- Put 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, and chicken breasts in a glass bowl to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and cook until juices run clear, approximately 6-7 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Let rest for 10 minutes and then cut into chunks.
- Using a rolling pin or the two-fist method, stretch out your pizza dough to the desired thickness. Brush one side of pizza dough with oil and place oiled-side down over the grill. Cook for about 3 minutes - the dough will begin to bubble on top. Oil the top side of the dough and flip, using tongs. Once the underside has cooked completely (approx 3 minutes), remove from the grill.
- Brush pineapple slices with oil and grill until lightly marked on each side. Remove from the grill and cut into chunks.
- Spread remaining barbecue sauce on pizza crust. Top with half of the cheese, cubed chicken, pineapple chunks, and chopped prosciutto. Top with remaining cheese and place into oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Top with cilantro, drizzle with additional barbecue sauce, and serve.
NotesPizza on the grill is a great way to change up a tired meal for summer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Cooking with Sabra
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More