- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- One 4-to 5 lb. beef tenderloin
- 1 Tbs. cracked black pepper
- Vegetable oil for brushing meat
- Make basil butter by combining butter, basil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Trim the thin end from the beef tenderloin and reserve for another use.
- Press remaining 2 teaspoons salt and the cracked pepper into the remaining meat.
- Lightly brush the tenderloin with vegetable oil.
- Begin grilling by searing the meat directly over high heat, turning occasionally until seared on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then grill the tenderloin indirectly over high heat.
- The meat will take 30 to 40 minutes more to reach medium-rare.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- The internal temperature will rise about 5 degrees while resting.
- Slice the tenderloin and serve with basil butter.
- Serves: 8
NotesAdapted from Weber's Art of the Grill
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Recipes for Vitality
Adventures in CookingSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More