- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- One 4-to 5 lb. beef tenderloin
- 1 Tbs. cracked black pepper
- Vegetable oil for brushing meat
- Make basil butter by combining butter, basil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Trim the thin end from the beef tenderloin and reserve for another use.
- Press remaining 2 teaspoons salt and the cracked pepper into the remaining meat.
- Lightly brush the tenderloin with vegetable oil.
- Begin grilling by searing the meat directly over high heat, turning occasionally until seared on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then grill the tenderloin indirectly over high heat.
- The meat will take 30 to 40 minutes more to reach medium-rare.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- The internal temperature will rise about 5 degrees while resting.
- Slice the tenderloin and serve with basil butter.
- Serves: 8
NotesAdapted from Weber's Art of the Grill
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More