- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked white rice
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds removed
- 1 plum (Roma) tomato, diced
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cut three 18x12-inch pieces heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Mix beans, rice, onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, the oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. Place 2 bell pepper halves on one side of each foil piece. Fill with bean mixture.
- Fold foil over peppers so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Place packets on serving platter. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Sprinkle with tomato and additional cilantro.
- Nutrition Information
- 1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 4g); Protein 7g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
- *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Short & Sweet
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More