- Cooking Time: 8 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 small baguette or other artisan loaf (I used raisin walnut)
- 1 1/2 lbs. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 c. red onion, scallion, or shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- Slice bread into quarters lengthwise.
- Set under broiler or onto a preheated grill. Cook until just lightly charred, but not blackened. Turn and repeat.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes and press with the back of a fork to release seeds and juices.
- Add onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and cinnamon and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bread, toss to coat, and let stand 20-30 minutes. Bread cubes should be moist, but still crispy at the edges.
- Add mint and serve.
NotesAdapted from Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
It's all about that proteinSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More