- Cooking Time: 8 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 small baguette or other artisan loaf (I used raisin walnut)
- 1 1/2 lbs. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 c. red onion, scallion, or shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- Slice bread into quarters lengthwise.
- Set under broiler or onto a preheated grill. Cook until just lightly charred, but not blackened. Turn and repeat.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes and press with the back of a fork to release seeds and juices.
- Add onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and cinnamon and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bread, toss to coat, and let stand 20-30 minutes. Bread cubes should be moist, but still crispy at the edges.
- Add mint and serve.
NotesAdapted from Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Taste of CenturyLink
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More