- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound plum tomatoes (about 6), seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery or fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- MAYONNAISE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For mayonnaise spread, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, garlic and oregano; set aside.
- Grill bread slices, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn bread; spread with mayonnaise mixture.
- Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until bottoms of bread is toasted.
- Drain tomato mixture; spoon over tops.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More