- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 240 min
- 1 leg of lamb, butterflied, boneless
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dry, whole
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, whole
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place lamb in a shallow bowl and pour marinade over it. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight, turning the lamb over from time to time.
- Set up a covered gas or charcoal grill for indirect cooking. Remove lamb from bowl and discard marinade. Cook lamb for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature in the thickest part reaches 125-130°F for medium-rare. Thinner parts will be more done. Remove lamb from grill and let rest, covered loosely with foil, for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- To butterfly lamb, remove netting from boneless leg and open as flat as possible. Pound or use a knife to open out to desired thinness.
NotesThis is a great cook out for a family get together
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More