- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Two slices of bread (I prefer whole wheat for the dietary fiber)
- 2 slices of cheese, American or mozzarella is mild enough for kids.
- Shredded veggie, such as carrot, cooked squash, or zucchini.
- Either butter outside of bread with something low-fat and healthy or use cooking spray on pan or grill.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Sprinkle veggie of choice over cheese. When you put sandwich together, veggie will be hidden inside between 2 pieces of cheese. Cheese should melt, successfully hiding the fact that your child WILL eat a veggie...
- Cook on a preheated electric grill for 2-2 1/2 minutes or on a frying pan, medium to high heat, 2 (ish) minutes to a side.
- Let cool a bit and enjoy!
NotesMy oldest son is autistic, so I have had to come up with creative ways to expand his food repetoire! One of the things he will eat is a grilled cheese sandwich (thus the title).