GRILLED CHEESE AND QUINCE
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 16 1/4 inch-thick slices of brioche or good quality white bread
- 4-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 16 thin slices of cheddar-style cheese, such as St. George
- 16 thin slices of poached quince, or dabs of quince paste, or quince or strawberry jam
- 1. Butter each slice of bread on one side. Place the bread butter side down. Top with one slice of cheese, two slices poached quince (or dabs of jam or paste), and another slice of cheese. Top with a second piece of buttered bread. (Sandwiches may be prepared in advance up to this point, wrapped tightly, and stored in the refrigerator until ready to grill).
- 2. Heat a large skillet until hot. Place sandwiches in the skillet and toast on one side until golden. Turn over; press lightly with spatula. Lower the heat if the bread browns too quickly. When the cheese has melted and the second side is golden, remove from pan. Slice into triangles; serve immediately.
- Pair this with Cabernet Sauvignon, Gewurztraminer or Riesling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More