- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeds removed if you like it mild)
- 1 tomato, diced small
- ¼ onion, diced small
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onions (4-5 individual bulbs with stalks), sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Instructions – Grilled Chicken
- 1. Preheat grill.
- 2. Wash chicken.
- 3. Make cutlets by cutting through each breast horizontally. You will end up with a total of 6 cutlets.
- 4. Dredge chicken in olive oil. Salt and pepper.
- 5. Grill chicken for 10 minutes on first side and 5 minutes on flip side. Keep an eye on since cutlets are thinner than usual and will cook fast and evenly.
- 6. Remove from heat and wrap in tin foil. Put foil package in a warmer oven on low heat. This will also ensure that chicken is cooked thoroughly by the time you are ready to serve with the relish.
- Instructions – Relish
- 1. In a bowl, combine jalapeno, cilantro, tomato, and onion in a bowl.
- 2. Heat skillet on stove on medium-high heat.
- 3. Add butter. Move to low heat.
- 4. Add spring onions to skillet along with sugar.
- 5. Stir and let sit until onions begin to caramelize.
- 6. Remove from heat and mix with jalapeno-cilantro mixture.
- 7. Remove chicken from foil and top with relish. Serve.
NotesSummer means grilling.
Grilling means chicken breast.
Chicken breast means… jalapeno-cilantro tomato relish.
Uh, I just fell in love a little.
If you make this recipe, you will have warm-fuzzy feel-good vibes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More