GRILLED CHICKEN PACKETS WITH RICE
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 small onion, cut into small wedges
- 1/2 cup (dry) white rice
- 1/2 cup (dry) brown rice
Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
Cook rice according to directions.
On one side of each foil piece, place 1 chicken breast. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweet-and-sour sauce and one-fourth of the pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Top with remaining sauce.
Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for heat expansion.
When grill is heated, place packets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 F). Place packets on plates. Cut Fold back foil. Serve over rice.