- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 small onion, cut into small wedges
- 1/2 cup (dry) white rice
- 1/2 cup (dry) brown rice
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- On one side of each foil piece, place 1 chicken breast. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweet-and-sour sauce and one-fourth of the pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Top with remaining sauce.
- Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for heat expansion.
- When grill is heated, place packets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 F). Place packets on plates. Cut Fold back foil. Serve over rice.
NotesA new take on an old favorite, sweet-n'-sour chicken. Packets make for easy cleanup. Can be made ahead, packed in ice cooler & taken camping to cook!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More