- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds thin chicken breast cutlets
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling plus 5 tablespoons for sauce/dressing
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves,chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion,finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) fire roasted tomatoes, Rachael's recipe suggests Muir Glen brand, they are excellent!!
- 20 fresh basil leaves, shredded or torn
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 6 cups mixed greens, any variety
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat the grill or your grill pan to high. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side and transfer to a foil covered platter to keep warm while you prepare the sauce.
- Place a medium saucepan on top of stove and heat to medium. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and add garlic, red pepper flakes, and onion. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Add tomatoes and heat through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Rachael's recipe says to heat the broiler to high and place the chicken in a casserole dish layering with the tomato sauce then top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Brown the chicken and cheese under the broiler, about 3 minutes. I take the easy way out and layer the chicken in the saucepan (or my grill pan) with the sauce, top with the cheeses and allow to melt, with the pan covered for a few minutes.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil along with salt and pepper to taste and dress your mixed greens to serve along side your delicious Grilled Chicken Parmigiana. This one is a winner!
NotesA Rachael Ray 30 Minute Get Real Meal -This one is a winner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Foodie BabySee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More