GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH CHIPOTLE DRESSING AND CINNAMON PINEAPPLE WEDGES
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- For the Marinade mix together:
- • 2 tbs. soy sauce
- • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- • 1 shallot, minced
- • 1 cup pineapple juice
- • 2 tbs. ketchup
- • ¼ rice vinegar
- • 1 tbs. olive oil
- • 1 tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- • 1 tsp. black pepper
- 8 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- For the Salad:
- • 4 cups of washed and sliced lettuces. I prefer heartier varieties such as romaine , iceberg and red leaf lettuces.
- • 2 cucumbers, peeled with seeds removed and cut in small pieces
- • a mixture of tomatoes sliced. I like cherry, grape and Campari
- • ½ cup diced red onion
- • ¼ cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- • ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
- Chipotle Lime Dressing
- • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- • 1 clove minced garlic
- • 2 tbs. blue agave syrup or honey
- • 2 tbs. water
- • 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- SERVE WITH SIDE OF GRILLED PINEAPPLE AND CINNAMON
- Slice Pineapple in 1" wedges
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon sugar
- Grill for 2 minutes per side
- • ½ tsp. black pepper
- • ½ tsp. dried chipotle powder
- • ¾ cup Canola oil
- • 1 tbs Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise (optional for a creamier dressing)
- • Shake all ingredients together in container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Marinate chicken cutlets for 1 hour
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking (I like to use Kingsford Mesquite coals on my regular grill) or turn your gas grill on.
- Discard Marinade and pat chicken dry on paper towel.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken for 4 minutes per side. Set aside to rest
- Chop, slightly cooled chicken in ¼” chunks. Place on top of salad.
- Dress Salad with Chipotle-Lime Dressing, seasoning with Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill Pineapple for 2 minutes per side
- Toss hot pineapple with 1 tbs of butter and a sprinkle of rum
NotesI am always looking for easy grilled chicken recipes. When I was at the grocery store, they had a pineapple cut in 1/2 that looked so succulent, for only $1. I had to get it. I put a little of this and a little of that together, and it came out fantastic. Let me know how you like it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More