- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe originally called for tuna, but since I don't eat fish, I adapted it for chicken.
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 Tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tspn ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tspn grated lime rind
- 1 tspn fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tspn ground chipolte chili pepper
- 5 tspns olive oil
- 4 thick slices of sweet onion (I'm a maui or vidalia girl myself)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1/4 tspn ground cumin
- 1/4 tspn black pepper
- 4 sandwhich buns
- 4 red lettuce leaves
- Heat grill pan over medium high heat
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush 3 tspns oil evenly over onion and bell pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place onion and bell pepper on grill pan. Cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from pan, keep warm.
- Brush 2 tspns oil evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tspn salt, cumin, and black pepper. Place chicken on grill pan cooking 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Split buns in half horizontally. Spread mayonaise mixture evenly over cut sides of buns. Top bottom half o each bun with lettuce, 1 bell pepper quarter, 1 onion slice and 1 chicken breast. Cover with top halves of buns.