- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 Tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tspn ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tspn grated lime rind
- 1 tspn fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tspn ground chipolte chili pepper
- 5 tspns olive oil
- 4 thick slices of sweet onion (I'm a maui or vidalia girl myself)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1/4 tspn ground cumin
- 1/4 tspn black pepper
- 4 sandwhich buns
- 4 red lettuce leaves
- Heat grill pan over medium high heat
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush 3 tspns oil evenly over onion and bell pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place onion and bell pepper on grill pan. Cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from pan, keep warm.
- Brush 2 tspns oil evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tspn salt, cumin, and black pepper. Place chicken on grill pan cooking 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Split buns in half horizontally. Spread mayonaise mixture evenly over cut sides of buns. Top bottom half o each bun with lettuce, 1 bell pepper quarter, 1 onion slice and 1 chicken breast. Cover with top halves of buns.
NotesThis recipe originally called for tuna, but since I don't eat fish, I adapted it for chicken.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More