GRILLED CHICKEN AND ORANGE SKEWERS
- Cooking Time: 15 to 18 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ¼ lbs. boneless chicken thighs; skinless*
- 1 red onion; small*
- 1 navel orange; medium*
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes; doing so will keep skewers
- from catching fire, if you have metal skewers with wooden handles, even better. There is no need to soak the metal ones.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, onion and orange with the oil, cumin, cayenne, ¾ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper. Allow mixture in bowl to set 20 to 30 minutes. Letting flavors penetrate meat. Mean time heat you’re outside grill.
- Thread meat mixture onto the skewers. Spray with olive oil and lightly spray grill. Place skewers on grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and the onion is just tender; about 15 to 18 minutes.
- The suggested side dish to serve with this meal is -Zucchini Rice- which is found under “Side Dishes”.
- *cut thighs and onion into 1 ½ -inch pieces; do not peel orange, wash and cut up into 16 pieces; also you can use chicken breast in place of thighs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More