- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, pounded thin
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Basil Butter:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 TBLS basil leaves, chopped
- 1 TBLS grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for basil butter; blend well.
- Place on sheet of plastic wrap, form into a log and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill, or broiler.
- Press black pepper into one side of each chicken breast half.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, basil and salt.
- Brush each breast half with butter mixture; place on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- When chicken is done, place one breast half on each of four plates; top with one fourth of the basil butter log.
- Nutritional Information, Per Serving:
- 360 calories; 26 g fat; 16 g saturated fat; 1 g carbohydrate
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More