- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, pounded thin
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Basil Butter:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 TBLS basil leaves, chopped
- 1 TBLS grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for basil butter; blend well.
- Place on sheet of plastic wrap, form into a log and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill, or broiler.
- Press black pepper into one side of each chicken breast half.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, basil and salt.
- Brush each breast half with butter mixture; place on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- When chicken is done, place one breast half on each of four plates; top with one fourth of the basil butter log.
- Nutritional Information, Per Serving:
- 360 calories; 26 g fat; 16 g saturated fat; 1 g carbohydrate