GRILLED CHICKEN WITH MANGO-RIESLING MARINADE
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3/4 mango - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2-1/4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons dry Riesling wine
- 1/8 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1. Place mango, garlic, water, lemon juice, olive oil, and Riesling into a blender. Season with thyme, oregano, cilantro, and onion powder. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Pour 2/3 of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts, seal, and mix until chicken is coated. Place in the refrigerator to marinate 5 to 6 hours. Store the remaining marinade in a sealed container.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- 4. Remove chicken breasts from marinade, shake off excess, and discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes per side. Brush chicken with the reserved marinade during the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Ready In: 5 Hours 30 Minutes
- Yields: 6 servings
Notes"This slightly sweet, grilled chicken goes well on top of a garden salad or wrapped in tortillas with hummus and veggies."
marinate 5 to 6 hours
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More