- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- To make marinade, in shallow glass or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except chicken.
- 2. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat.
- Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- 3. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).