- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- To make marinade, in shallow glass or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except chicken.
- 2. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat.
- Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- 3. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More