- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- Unsalted butter
- 4 slices sweet or sourdough French bread or firm white sandwich bread
- About 2 ounces broken or chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, or 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Butter one side of each slice of bread generously. In a skillet big enough to hold them, cook the slices butter side down over medium heat, just until pale gold on one side.
- Cover two of the slices with chocolate. Flip a naked slice on top, butter side up. Cook, turning the sandwiches as necessary, until the chocolate is softened and the sandwiches are browned on both sides.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with a pinch of sea salt or a dusting of cinnamon sugar, if you like.
NotesCrusty, hot, and melty chocolate sandwiches make a decadent snack, but cut into daintier portions and nestled with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, they make a dynamite dessert for company. They're fun too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More