GRILLED CLAM BAKE
- 16 fresh little neck clams, cleaned
- 9 frozen cob corn, each cut in half
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves*
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 pounds crab claws and legs
- 1/4 cup Butter, cut into pieces
- French bread, if desired
Heat gas grill to medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Layer all ingredients in order listed except crab, butter and bread in 16 1/2 x 12 x 2 1/2-inch disposable aluminum roasting pan.
Cover; place pan on grill. Grill 15 minutes. Add crab; continue cooking, covered, until potatoes are tender (20 to 30 minutes). Remove bay leaves. Stir in butter. Serve immediately with crusty French bread, if desired.
Oven Directions: Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare ingredients as directed above. Bake in covered roasting pan, following directions above, until potatoes are tender (60 to 75 minutes).