- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium ears corn, with husks and silk
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. minced fresh tarragon (or a pinch dried)
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium. Gently pull husks 3/4 of way down on each ear of corn; remove silk. Leave corn to soak, with husks as well as six 8-inch pieces kitchen twine, in a large pot of water for at least 15 minutes. (This helps keep husks and twine from burning on grill.)
- Meanwhile, stir together shallot, butter, parsley, tarragon, lemon peel, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove corn from water and drain well. Brush each ear with some butter mixture. Pull husks back up and tie them at the top of the ears with the twine.
- Place corn on hot grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally, until husks are brown and dry and kernels are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More