- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 or 16 (if cut in half)
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryTired of the typical corn on the cob served at most barbecues? It’s time to put a festive spin on this traditional barbecue side dish. Grilled corn with chipotle lime butter is a great addition to any Labor Day party. Sweet ears of corn are brushed with butter that has been infused with chipotle chilies and fresh lime to add a touch of pizazz and then grilled to perfection. Chipotle chiles are not actually chilies; they are dried, smoked, red jalapenos. They have a smoky flavor and are about a medium heat relative to other chiles.
- 8 large ears of corn
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles, minced and seeded
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small sauce pan, heat unsalted butter over medium heat. Add in chipotle chiles, fresh lime juice, and salt. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir about 1 minute allowing the flavors to blend.
- Husk the ears of corn and arrange on a baking sheet. Using a brush, coat the corn with chipotle butter. Using a prepared barbeque grill, grill corn, turning frequently, about 6 minutes. Corn should be cooked through and slightly charred in a few spots. Garnish with lime wedges. Serves 8 or 16 if cut in half.