- Cooking Time: 6-12minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons - Grated Lemon peel (I use the dried stuff you buy not fresh grated works better)
- 1/4 Cup - Lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup - Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves - Garlic (or 1 Table spoon of the minced stuff you buy in the jar)
- 1/4 Cup - Lime juice (or Key Lime juice)
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Crushed Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 Cup - real mayonnaise
- Chicken (1 pack of breasts or thighs)
- Whisk together all the ingredients except Chicken in a NON-metallic bowl.
- Poke each chicken piece a few times with a fork. Place into a large Zip-lock bag and pour mixture over chicken. Let sit for up to 2 hours. Anymore than that and the lemon and lime juice will start to cook the chicken. Shake around in bag from time to time.
- Heat grill. Spray the grates with oil. Place chicken on grill and cook on Med-Low about 6-12 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Don't over cook white meat. Should be 180 degrees.
- After you put the chicken on the grill cut the corner of the Zip-lock bag and pour the mixture into a bowl. Using a silicone pastry brush, brush some of the mixture on each piece of chicken. (watch for flames there is LOTS of oil in this) Flip the chicken halfway through. Brush mixture on each piece of chicken. If there is mixture left flip again and brush again.
- Be sure chicken is cooked through and the mixture is all cooked. Take off the grill and serve.
NotesI got this recipe from my favorite cook book full of great Cuban recipes by the Three Guys From Miami. I've changed it a bit, the original called for small chunks of chicken and cook it like a kabob. I cook whole (boneless skinless) chicken thighs or breasts, though I do slice a whole breast into 2 or 3 chunks so it stays more moist. It is my new favorite food! It's great frozen and pulled out later on too.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Surprisingly VEGANSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More