- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cups spinach leaves washed
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices eggplant, sliced lengthwise about 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 8 strips roasted red bell peppers, cut 1/4" wide
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Cooking Instructions
- 1. Preheat the grill to medium and the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a skillet. Add the spinach and a pinch each of salt and pepper and toss in the pan for about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- 3. Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, taking care not to overcook.
- 4. Mix the goat cheese and parsley together. Season with salt and pepper. Shape the cheese into 8 cork-sized pieces.
- 5. To assemble: On the top of each slice of eggplant, place a strip of pepper, a few leaves of spinach, and a "cork" of cheese. Begin with the wide end of the eggplant and roll toward the narrow end. Place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, seam side down.
- 6. Warm the roll-ups in the oven until thoroughly heated, about 8 to 10 minutes, longer if they have been refrigerated. While the roll-ups are warming, make the sauce.
- For the sauce:
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over low heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar. Add the tomatoes and toss for 1 minute. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place 2 roll-ups on each plate. Spoon sauce over the top and serve.
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving size: 2 roll-ups
- Calories 213
- Total Fat 16 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Protein 5 g
- Total Carbohydrate 14 g
- Dietary Fiber 5 g
- Sodium 232 mg
- Percent Calories from Fat 65%
- Percent Calories from Protein 9%
- Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 26%
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More