- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryHave you ever had a Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled Doughnut from Krispy Kreme? Well if so, you can make this at home and it taste so much like the doughnut! It takes only a few minutes to prepare and on the grill it goes for 2 minutes per side and waa-laa, you have a delicious tasting dessert in just minutes!
The recipe called for french bread slices and as I was looking around in Kroger at all the freshly baked bread that they bake everyday I ran into a loaf of Sweet Italian Bread it was the same size as the french bread loaves and looked just like it as well so I bought the sweet and man was it delicious! I kept the loaf of bread whole while grilling and then sliced it when it was done It's a keeper, that's for sure!
The picture looks kind of messy because the nutella and marshmallow just ooze right out of the bread which is a good thing, right?
This recipe comes from a friend, Mellissa, who got the recipe from a magazine, Premier Issue Deen Bros. Good Cooking!
- 8 (1" thick) French bread slices
- 4 T. marshmallow crème, divided
- 4 T. Nutella, divided
- 1/4 C. butter, melted
- Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Spread 1 side of half of bread slices with about 1 tablespoon marshmallow crème. Spread 1 side of remaining bread slices with about 1 tablespoon Nutella. Top each marshmallow crème slice with a Nutella slice to make a sandwich. Brush outsides of sandwiches evenly with butter.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes per side or until bread is toasted and marshmallow crème has melted. Serve immediately.