- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2lb uncooked, deveined and shelled shrimp, not jumbos but still good size
- >1 good cut of sirloin, about 3/4 -1" thick
- >6-8 garlic cloves, crushed
- >1/2 cup olive oil
- >Dash of basil flakes
- >Dash of Italian Seasoning
- Thaw and rinse the shrimp - it's easier for me to thaw it under cold running water right out of the freezer - probably safer than letting it thaw on its own, too.
- >Trim any fat off of the edges of the sirloin and cut it into 1" chunks.
- >Mix the crushed garlic, olive oil and spices in a bowl. Sometimes, I'll end up making two bowls just so it's easier to coat the shrimp and meat.
- >Stir in the shrimp and steak so that it's completely coated and let it set out on the counter, for at least 1 hour, stirring every so often.
- >Alternate shrimp and steak on the skewers until they're all loaded.
- >Put foil down on the grill - this is important because of the oil - and fold up the edges. Heat it up.
- >Cook the kabobs, turning every so often, until the shrimp is pink in color. It won't take long to cook the shrimp, and when it's done, the sirloin will be a perfect medium rare.
- >Serve on a bed of wild rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese. This pairs well with a chilled Pinot Grigio.
- NOTE: I don't put usually put vegetables on these because the shrimp cooks so fast. Besides the flavor of the shrimp and steak can easily stand alone.
NotesThis isn't just a summer grilling dish - it's just as good in snow drift grilling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More