- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2lb uncooked, deveined and shelled shrimp, not jumbos but still good size
- >1 good cut of sirloin, about 3/4 -1" thick
- >6-8 garlic cloves, crushed
- >1/2 cup olive oil
- >Dash of basil flakes
- >Dash of Italian Seasoning
- Thaw and rinse the shrimp - it's easier for me to thaw it under cold running water right out of the freezer - probably safer than letting it thaw on its own, too.
- >Trim any fat off of the edges of the sirloin and cut it into 1" chunks.
- >Mix the crushed garlic, olive oil and spices in a bowl. Sometimes, I'll end up making two bowls just so it's easier to coat the shrimp and meat.
- >Stir in the shrimp and steak so that it's completely coated and let it set out on the counter, for at least 1 hour, stirring every so often.
- >Alternate shrimp and steak on the skewers until they're all loaded.
- >Put foil down on the grill - this is important because of the oil - and fold up the edges. Heat it up.
- >Cook the kabobs, turning every so often, until the shrimp is pink in color. It won't take long to cook the shrimp, and when it's done, the sirloin will be a perfect medium rare.
- >Serve on a bed of wild rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese. This pairs well with a chilled Pinot Grigio.
- NOTE: I don't put usually put vegetables on these because the shrimp cooks so fast. Besides the flavor of the shrimp and steak can easily stand alone.
NotesThis isn't just a summer grilling dish - it's just as good in snow drift grilling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cooking with Sabra
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More