- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryI couple of years ago, I had an opportunity to see Cat Cora give a demo. One thing she talked about was how good a grilled avocado was...so of course I had to try them. Then, just the other day, I saw a recipe for grilled guacamole. Why hadn't I thought of it? I did do my own take on it and decided to grill all of the veggies...even the garlic. Oh, this is good!
- 2 avocados (they should have a little "give", but still be somewhat firm)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-10 grape tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 medium lime
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Soak two bamboo skewers in water for at least 20 minutes. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits. Generously brush the tops of the avocados with oil.
- Thread the garlic cloves and the tomatoes onto the soaked skewers. Brush them with some of the olive oil, or spray them with cooking spray.
- Brush the oil over the pepper. Place the avocados, flesh side down, on a medium-hot grill. Add the other vegetables to the grill, making sure the tomatoes and garlic aren't directly over the heat. Watch each of the vegetables carefully--the tomatoes will cook quickly. Grill the avocados, and the pepper for about 3-5 minutes, turning often; they each should be slightly softened and have grill marks. Grill the garlic, turning often, for about 8 minutes, or until caramelized and soft.
- Remove all the vegetables to a platter and let them cool down enough to handle. Take the garlic and the tomatoes off of the skewers. Scoop the avocados out of the skin and place in a medium-sized bowl; mash. Chop the onions and add to the avocados. Cut the tomatoes in half and smash the garlic cloves; add to the bowl. Cut the stem off of the pepper and discard. Mince the rest of the pepper and add it to the avocado mixture. Squeeze the lime juice over the the avocados; sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Carefully, fold everything together until well combined.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe AuctionSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More