- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 (8 ounce) containers plain yogurt, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 6 pita bread rounds
- 2 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 container of plain yogurt with the envelope of ranch dressing mix. Remove half of the mixture to another bowl. Into one of the bowls, add the remaining container of plain yogurt and diced cucumber; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill and lightly oil grate.
- Mix the ground beef and 1/4 cup onion into the remaining half of the yogurt mixture. Shape into 6 hamburger patties.
- Grill patties on medium heat for 7 minutes each side, turning once.
- Cut off 1/4 end of the pita pockets and fill with torn lettuce, grilled burger, creamy cucumber sauce and diced tomatoes.
NotesThis is one of the best burgers that I've ever eaten! Don't let the word Gyro scare you since it is just hamburger meat! Even if you don't like yogurt, you will love this cucumber sauce! I'm not a fan of yogurt but I loved this sauce so much, I served my burger with extra sauce! Yum!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Mushroom SoupSee More