- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15min
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 slices (1/2 ounce each) Swiss cheese, 3x1-1/2 inches
- 4 slices (1/2 ounce each) cooked ham, 3x1-1/2 inches
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup honey mustard dressing
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Place cheese slice and ham slice on center of each chicken breast; roll up.
- Secure with small metal skewers.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing. Cover and grill chicken rolls 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, brushing with remaining 1/4 cup dressing during last 10 minutes of grilling, until juice of chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Serve chicken rolls with reserved dressing.
- Can substitute Havarti or Gruyère cheese for the Swiss.
- Do-Ahead Tip ***Stuff the chicken breasts up to 24 hours in advance. Cover tightly and refrigerate until it’s time to grill.
- Serve the chicken breasts with wild rice and fresh asparagus spears.
NotesGrill a favorite combo, ham and cheese rolled up inside another favorite--chicken breasts!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More