- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese 8 slices thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread butter onto one side of each slice of bread.
- Place up to 4 of the slices of bread, butter side down in the skillet.
- Top each piece with one slice of cheese, two slices of ham, and about 2 tablespoons of the crushed pineapple.
- Place remaining slices of bread on top with the butter side up.
- When the bottom of the sandwich is golden brown, flip sandwiches, and cook until browned on the other side, about 1 minute.
- Repeat steps with remaining ingredients if all four sandwiches do not fit in your skillet.
Notes"Grilled cheese only better! Ham and pineapple add a tropical touch."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More