- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pimentón de la Vera (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 4-pound side of salmon with skin
- Olive oil
- Finely grind fennel seeds in spice mill or coffee grinder. Transfer to small bowl. Mix in next 5 ingredients.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue at medium-high heat.
- Brush salmon lightly on both sides with olive oil. Rub spice mixture generously over flesh side of salmon.
- Place salmon, skin side up, on grill rack; cover and cook until fish is slightly firmer, about 8 minutes. Slide rimless baking sheet under salmon to turn salmon over without breaking. Place another rimless baking sheet atop salmon. Using both hands, firmly hold baking sheets together and invert salmon; slide salmon, flesh side up, off baking sheet and onto grill rack. Cover and grill until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes longer. Using rimless baking sheet, remove salmon from grill. Gently slide salmon, flesh side up, onto platter and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The Social Cookbook
Delightful DessertsSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More