- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the chicken
- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breast (cut butterfly style all the way thru)
- 16 ounce bottle Kraft Seven Seas Viva Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic from a jar
- garlic salt, fresh ground black pepper and Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- 24 ounce jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce or marinara
- 2 cups shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- For the noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package bowtie noodles
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt (or onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (or garlic powder)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour 12 ounces of salad dressing into a gallon size ziploc bag. Add chicken and garlic. Place in refrigerator.
- Marinade 6 hours but no longer. The chicken will almost be falling apart at 6 hours.
- Remove from fridge and ziploc bag. Season with garlic salt, pepper and seasoned salt.
- Grill on medium heat 20 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees, turning every 5 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, baste chicken with remaining 4 ounces of salad dressing on both sides.
- While chicken is still on the grill, top each piece with some spaghetti sauce and cheese. Grill until cheese is melted.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain and toss with margarine, salts, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
NotesMy hubby is at it again! Grilling us something scrumptious for dinner! I don't know what it is but I have been craving chicken parmesan but I've been wanting to have it grilled and not breaded! Perfect! I love the Grilled Italian Chicken that he makes on the grill so I jazzed that recipe up and made it chicken parmesan! Delicious and it sure is what my craving needed! Fulfilled indeed! The parmesan noodles are a perfect match for the parmesan chicken! They are like two peas in a pod!
I bought 3 big boneless, skinless chicken breast and gave them a butterfly cut, cutting thru the inside center lengthwise and cutting all the way thru to get 6 breast out of the three! Worked like a charm and it's a great way to cut the breast if you don't like thick breast like my family and I don't! We prefer the thinner breast! You can see from my picture they aren't to thin, just perfect for us!