- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis chicken was so tasty and juicy! Yum-O! I have heard of marinating chicken in Italian Salad Dressing and it sounded pretty good to me! I haven't been looking for recipes like this but decided to throw this together with what I had on hand and boy am I glad I did! Talk about easy and very few ingredients and that's a good thing!
I bought 3 big boneless, skinless chicken breast and gave them a butterfly cut, cutting thru the inside center lengthwise and cutting all the way thru to get 6 breast out of the three! Worked like a charm and it's a great way to cut the breast if you don't like thick breast like my family and I don't! We prefer the thinner breast! You can see from my picture they aren't to thin, just perfect for us!
- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breast (cut butterfly style all the way thru)
- 16 ounce bottle Kraft Seven Seas Viva Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic from a jar
- garlic salt, fresh ground black pepper and Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- Pour 12 ounces of salad dressing into a gallon size ziploc bag. Add chicken and garlic. Place in refrigerator.
- Marinade 6 hours but no longer. The chicken will almost be falling apart at 6 hours.
- Remove from fridge and ziploc bag. Season with garlic salt, pepper and seasoned salt.
- Grill on medium heat 20 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees, turning every 5 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, baste chicken with remaining 4 ounces of salad dressing on both sides.