- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 English muffins
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- Crumble the ground beef into a bowl. Add the jalapeno, onion, salt and pepper. Mix gently without overworking, then shape into 4 patties.
- Preheateat the grill to medium-high heat. Add burgers; cook, turning once, 6 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Just before the last minute of cooking, top the burgers with the cheese.
- Split and toast the English muffins. Top each half with a burger, avocado and salsa. Serve with chips and cherry tomatoes, if desired.