- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 12 fresh jalapenos
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- Cut peppers in half.
- Use a spoon to remove the seeds and white membranes.
- Fill each half with the cheese.
- Cut the bacon slices in half so that you have 24 shorter slices.
- Wrap each cheese stuffed jalapeño with a bacon slice; secure with toothpicks if you need to or slide them on skewers.
- Grill over hot coals until the bacon is crispy and browned, turning every few minutes (stay with them and watch for flare ups from the dripping bacon fat or they will burn); grill for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- The bacon should be crisp, the jalapeño crisp tender and the cheese should be hot.
NotesThese are delicious as appetizers or include them on your beef or chicken kabobs. The smokiness of the bacon and the smokiness of your grill's charcoal is a wonderful combination. The cheese chills out the heat of the jalapeños leaving them just slightly hot. Dip them in Ranch dressing to chill the heat even more. Cream cheese is a perfect substitute for neufchatel cheese. They are good cold too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cooking with SabraSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More