- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water or stock
- * 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (basil, parsley, oregano)
- * salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- * 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- * 2 cups yellow cornmeal (preferably coarse ground)
- Bring water, oil, salt and pepper to a simmer. Pour in cornmeal in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Keep at low heat and stir with a wooden spoon to eliminate any lumps. Cook for about half an hour. Finish by adding the fresh herbs.
- By cooking polenta longer, you will achieve a firm texture -- which can then be spread out, cooled and cut into shapes that have a springy resilient texture.
- Spread just-cooked polenta on a greased sheet pan to about 1/2 inch thickness. The polenta can be cut into fritters after about half an hour but will be easier to work with after several hours
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Adventures in Cooking
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More