- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryServed with couscous
- 4 pounds top round lamb
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 to
- 5 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh
- rosemary leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup mild olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Cut the lamb in 1 1/2-inch cubes. You should have about 40 cubes. Combine the garlic, rosemary, mint, olive oil, red wine, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Add the lamb cubes, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 days. Toss occasionally.
- Loosely thread 3 or 4 pieces of lamb alternately with sections of onion or cherry tomatoes on skewers. Sprinkle both sides of the lamb with salt and pepper. Place the lamb skewers on the hot grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times, until the lamb is medium rare (or until desired doneness).