- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 8 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- PEACH CHUTNEY
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 2 peaches, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine or orange juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro or basil, finely sliced, for garnish
- Place the lamb chops in a flat glass or ceramic dish. Combine the oil and lemon juice or vinegar and pour into the dish, swirling the chops through the mix to coat both sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover with plastic and allow to marinate for 15-20 minutes while you make the chutney.
- To make the chutney, heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the leek and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until soft. Add the peaches, vinegar, sugar and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until peaches are soft and mixture is syrupy, about 15-20 minutes. Keep warm or refrigerate in sealed containers until ready to use.
- Remove chops from marinade and pat dry. Preheat a broiler or barbecue to medium high and grill the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked as desired.
- Serve with the chutney and garnish with cilantro or basil. This is delicious with grilled eggplant and peppers or salad of choice.
- The peach chutney can be made the day before and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Reheat gently before serving or serve cold with the lamb.
NotesLamb grilled with peaches is wonderful. I grill mine before I diced them up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More