- Cooking Time: 8.5 hours
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds lean lamb (from a leg of lamb), trimmed of excess fat and sinew
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh thymed sprigs, lightly pounded
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 16 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut lamb into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Combine with olive oil, herb sprigs and garlic in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate over-night or up to two days.
- 2. Place potatoes in a pot of salted cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12-15 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refrigerate overnight so that potato starches bind.
- 3. Pre-heat the grill or broiler to medium high. Remove lamb from marinade; discard herbs and garlic. On each skewer, thread 3 lamb cubes alternately with 2 potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Grill or broil for 7 minutes on each side for medium/medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Pair with Cabernet Sauvignon or other full bodied red wine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More