- Cooking Time: 8.5 hours
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds lean lamb (from a leg of lamb), trimmed of excess fat and sinew
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh thymed sprigs, lightly pounded
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 16 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut lamb into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Combine with olive oil, herb sprigs and garlic in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate over-night or up to two days.
- 2. Place potatoes in a pot of salted cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12-15 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refrigerate overnight so that potato starches bind.
- 3. Pre-heat the grill or broiler to medium high. Remove lamb from marinade; discard herbs and garlic. On each skewer, thread 3 lamb cubes alternately with 2 potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Grill or broil for 7 minutes on each side for medium/medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Pair with Cabernet Sauvignon or other full bodied red wine