- Cooking Time: 8.5 hours
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds lean lamb (from a leg of lamb), trimmed of excess fat and sinew
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh thymed sprigs, lightly pounded
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 16 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut lamb into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Combine with olive oil, herb sprigs and garlic in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate over-night or up to two days.
- 2. Place potatoes in a pot of salted cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12-15 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refrigerate overnight so that potato starches bind.
- 3. Pre-heat the grill or broiler to medium high. Remove lamb from marinade; discard herbs and garlic. On each skewer, thread 3 lamb cubes alternately with 2 potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Grill or broil for 7 minutes on each side for medium/medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Pair with Cabernet Sauvignon or other full bodied red wine
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More