- Cooking Time: 8.5 hours
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds lean lamb (from a leg of lamb), trimmed of excess fat and sinew
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh thymed sprigs, lightly pounded
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 16 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut lamb into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Combine with olive oil, herb sprigs and garlic in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate over-night or up to two days.
- 2. Place potatoes in a pot of salted cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12-15 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refrigerate overnight so that potato starches bind.
- 3. Pre-heat the grill or broiler to medium high. Remove lamb from marinade; discard herbs and garlic. On each skewer, thread 3 lamb cubes alternately with 2 potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Grill or broil for 7 minutes on each side for medium/medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Pair with Cabernet Sauvignon or other full bodied red wine
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Jean’s Recipe File
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More