- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large leeks, roots trimmed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 TB lime juice
- 2 TB orange juice
- 1 TB soy sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (I grilled the corn before cutting the kernels off the cob)
- 1 cup cherry and or grape tomatoes, halved
- Heat grill.
- Cut the dark green tops off the leeks. Cut the white bottoms in half, length wise and run under cold water to remove an dirt.
- Slice the greens crosswise 1/2" thick (toss out the top inch). Wash well. I actually let them soak in a bowl of water then scooped them out with a strainer.
- Pat the white leek halves dry. Brush with EVOO and sprinkle with salt. Place on the grill (medium low heat), cover with a heat resistant dome such as a bowl or deep lid and grill until tender. This should take about 18 - 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the zests and juices, soy sauce and 2 TB EVOO. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet with 2 TB of oil and the red pepper flakes. Add the leek tops and cook for about 6 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add in the corn and continue cooking for 2 more minutes (still stirring). Pour in half of the citrus dressing and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool slightly. Once cooled a bit, add the tomatoes.
- Place the grilled leeks on a plate, drizzle with the remaining citrus dressing and top with the leek-tomato mixture. Serve warm.
NotesHere's a recipe that uses all of the leek...(except the little scraggly roots of course). The whites are grilled and the darks are braised. Brought together with a tangy, zesty, simple dressing
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More