- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- Sprinkle dill, salt and pepper over salmon. Place in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container.
- Combine brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce, green onions, lemon juice, lemon peel and garlic; pour over the salmon. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once. Drain and discard marinade.
- To cook, prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-hot. Oil grill.
- Place salmon skin side down onto grill; arrange lemon and onion slices over the top. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork