- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium size mackerel
- salt, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. miso or sweet soybean paste(found in most oriental grocery stores)
- Remove the guts and clean the mackerel.
- 2. Rub salt on the outside and inside of mackerel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 3. Grills the mackerel until the meat flakes off easily(about 3-5 minutes on each side)
- 4. Spread sweet soybean paste on grilled mackerel and serve
NotesThis recipe is so easy to make and so tasty that I call this my "cheating" dish. If you can't find miso paste(same as sweet soybean paste)in your grocery stores, you can also substitute with plum sauce.