- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium size mackerel
- salt, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. miso or sweet soybean paste(found in most oriental grocery stores)
- Remove the guts and clean the mackerel.
- 2. Rub salt on the outside and inside of mackerel and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 3. Grills the mackerel until the meat flakes off easily(about 3-5 minutes on each side)
- 4. Spread sweet soybean paste on grilled mackerel and serve
NotesThis recipe is so easy to make and so tasty that I call this my "cheating" dish. If you can't find miso paste(same as sweet soybean paste)in your grocery stores, you can also substitute with plum sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More