Grilled Packet Potatoes and Onions with Herbs
3 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted or bacon drippings
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, parsley, oregano, rosemary, sage, tarragon, and thyme
1. Combine potatoes, onions and herbs in a large bowl.
2. Combine oil, butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Drizzle over potato mixture.
4. Toss to coat well.
5. Arrange potato mixture on 1/2 of a piece of foil large enough to accommodate all the ingredients when made into a packet for grilling.
6. Grill over medium hot coals for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning and shaking occasionally.
Pairs Well With
Another delicious potato side grilled right next to your main course. Easy clean up. Serve just as you would a baked potato.