- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Big, ripe, fresh, in-season Peaches, halved and pits removed
- Cinnamon, ginger, clove and allspice
- Olive oil
- Brush your grill racks with a little olive oil, then Fire Up the Grill. Bring it up to temp for grilling veggies like eggplant(if you don't have a fancy grill with a thermometer, this means med-hot, not screaming hot- we're not searing steaks).
- Sprinkle spices liberally over both sides of peaches. Brush with olive oil.
- Grill for approx 5-7min per side; first, cut side down, then turn, and brush again w/oil. Turn again, repeat, and again, and repeat, til you've turned, brushed w/oil and grilled each half 2-3 times per, and they are soft and juicy, the flesh a deep orange and surface area well-browned. Serve warm, as is- no further adornment is necessary.
- NOTE: this really is a SEASONAL dish - hard, tasteless hothouse peaches are a waste of time and propane.
NotesThat's right... GRILLED Peaches. I did it on a whim this past summer after I'd stopped at a roadside and bought some fancy heirlooms, summer squashes, fruits, et al. If you don't have a grill, go buy one now if for no other reason than you will be able to make THESE:
NOTE: this really is a SEASONAL dish - hard, tasteless hothouse peaches are a waste of time and propane.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Italian Exchange
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More