- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Big, ripe, fresh, in-season Peaches, halved and pits removed
- Cinnamon, ginger, clove and allspice
- Olive oil
- Brush your grill racks with a little olive oil, then Fire Up the Grill. Bring it up to temp for grilling veggies like eggplant(if you don't have a fancy grill with a thermometer, this means med-hot, not screaming hot- we're not searing steaks).
- Sprinkle spices liberally over both sides of peaches. Brush with olive oil.
- Grill for approx 5-7min per side; first, cut side down, then turn, and brush again w/oil. Turn again, repeat, and again, and repeat, til you've turned, brushed w/oil and grilled each half 2-3 times per, and they are soft and juicy, the flesh a deep orange and surface area well-browned. Serve warm, as is- no further adornment is necessary.
- NOTE: this really is a SEASONAL dish - hard, tasteless hothouse peaches are a waste of time and propane.
NotesThat's right... GRILLED Peaches. I did it on a whim this past summer after I'd stopped at a roadside and bought some fancy heirlooms, summer squashes, fruits, et al. If you don't have a grill, go buy one now if for no other reason than you will be able to make THESE:
NOTE: this really is a SEASONAL dish - hard, tasteless hothouse peaches are a waste of time and propane.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
culinary karmaSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More