- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
- 4 pita pockets
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, rinsed and sliced (optional)
- Crumble the ground beef into a bowl. Add the feta cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix gently without overworking, then shape into 4 patties.
- Preheat the gill to medium-high heat. Put on burgers and cook, turning once, 6 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Cut off 1 inch from each pita, then stuff with shredded lettuce. Tuck the burgers into the pita pockets and add the tomato and olives.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
culinary karmaSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More