- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
- 4 pita pockets
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, rinsed and sliced (optional)
- Crumble the ground beef into a bowl. Add the feta cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix gently without overworking, then shape into 4 patties.
- Preheat the gill to medium-high heat. Put on burgers and cook, turning once, 6 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Cut off 1 inch from each pita, then stuff with shredded lettuce. Tuck the burgers into the pita pockets and add the tomato and olives.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More