- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI saw on Pinterest that the perfect way to make sliders was to buy a roll of hamburger and slice it into patties while it was still partially frozen! Now as long as I've been wanting to make sliders, why didn't I think of that?
I decided to make pizza burger sliders since I had all the ingredients on hand! All I had to buy was the roll of hambuger which I've never bought before but it sure worked great making sliders! My family loved them and they were very tasty and I will be making them again! My hubby gets the credit for grilling them since he is the "Grill Master" of the house!
- 1 pound roll ground beef
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce (I used Newman's Own Marinara)
- 4 slices Provolone-Mozzarella cheese
- garlic salt, cracked black pepper & seasoned salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 8 Kings Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- onion and pickle for toppings if desired
- While ground beef is still partially frozen, slice into 8 patties and let them continue to thaw. Once thawed, season with spices on both sides and you may want to flatten them a little to your desired thickness.
- Cut each cheese slice into 4 squares.
- Grill on medium high heat 3-4 minutes on each side. Add 2 slices of cheese to each burger during the last minute of grilling, sprinkling the cheese with Italian Salad Dressing Mix.
- Heat marinara or pizza sauce in microwave 1-1/2 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half thru the center and microwave 2 at a time for 15 seconds.
- Add the burger to the roll and top with marinara sauce.
- Top with onion and pickle if desired or any topping of choice.