- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound Italian hot sausage
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 large yellow pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
- 2 large red pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 recipe favorite pizza dough, rolled into 4 (6-inch) rounds
- 1/2 pound grated fontina cheese
- 1 cup sheep's milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Basil Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Basil Vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Set aside.
- Preheat a grill.
- Grill the sausage on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- Brush onions and peppers with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the onions and peppers until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the sausage from the grill and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Remove the onions, separate into rings, and roughly chop.
- Remove the peppers and slice into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush dough with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn over and grill for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and place on a flat surface.
- Divide the fontina cheese among the 4 pizza rounds.
- Divide the sausage, onions and peppers over the cheese.
- Place the pizza on the grill, close the cover and grill until the cheese has melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To finish in the oven, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the pizza on sheet pans and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix together the ricotta, extra-virgin olive oil, and oregano in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and drizzle with Basil Vinaigrette.
- Top with dollops of the ricotta cheese mixture and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
GAES PTO Recipes
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More