- Cooking Time: 8 - 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, chili sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice; add pork chops.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill pork chops, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over both sides of pineapple rings.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Serve with pork.
NotesThis is a real tasty, easy, meal that can be made in a grill pan over the stovetop. I used bone-in pork chops as that was what I had on hand. They were still nice and juicy.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 pineapple rings equals 266 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.